A Spotlight At "The 10th Stop Cervical , Breast and Prostate Cancer In Africa Conference"
The 10th Stop Cervical , Breast and Prostate Cancer In Africa Conference has been held from July 24-27 at the African Union Complex , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The conference was organized by Princess NiKky Breast Cancer Foundation in collaboration with Government of Ethiopia through the office of First Lady, Forum of First Ladies Against Breast and Cervical Cancer , African Parliamentarians and Health Ministers Against Cancer and other partners , with a theme of "A Decade of Accomplishments : Our Enduring Legacies and The Challenges Ahead "
The Conference has raised a wide range of issues on Cancer by elite panelists among which Dr Mathewos Asssefa , Board Chair Man of YE Ethiopia Cancer Association and Dr Wondemagegn Tigeneh, Member of YE Ethiopia Cancer Association .
The following were the main agenda items during the course of the Conference
- Overview Of Cancer Burden In Africa
- Partnership To End Cancer In Africa: Training and Capacity building
- Facts and Figures of Cancer In Ethiopia
- Addressing The Hidden Epidemic : From Policy To Implementation Of Cancer Prevention And Control In Ethiopia
- A Decade of HPV Vaccination : What does Preventing Cervical Cancer mean in the era of Sustainable Development Goals ( SDG )
- The Next Decade To Stop Breast Cancer In Africa: Access to Medicines , Diagnostics and Treatments
- The Role Of African Ministers , Parliamentarians and Speakers Of Parliaments To Stop Cancer In Africa and The Sustainable Development Goals
The Conference has praised H.E Madam Roman Tesfaye
as the new "Chair Person , Forum of African First Ladies / Spouses Against Cervical , Breast And Prostate Cancer ( 2016-2017)"
and H.E Hailemariam Desalegn
, Prime Minister Of Ethiopia as the new "Africa's Goodwill Ambassador For Women and Children's Health ( 2016 - 2017 )"
All the delegates of YE Ethiopia Cancer Association had a fruitful conference , where they grasped a comprehensive knowledge from the panel discussions and also approached different stakeholders in the field of Cancer
The estimated 5000 distinguished delegates and speakers from Africa and across the world has made "The 10th Stop Cervical , Breast and Prostate Cancer in Africa Conference " the largest gathering of international stakeholders and specialists in the field of Cancer prevention and control in the African continent.